This past Thursday, New York Junior Tennis & Learning (NYJTL) played host to the Future Leaders of Tomorrow event at Bronxwood Prep Academy (Bronx, NY) featuring some of the city’s top influencers hailing from fashion, publishing, education, activism and entertainment. Hosted by veteran gospel singer and producer Sheila Carpenter, the speakers included:
- Author and life coach, Fila Antwine
- Fashion designer, Alicia Appleton
- Producer, Alonzo Brown
- Sports analyst, Stephen A. Smith
- Educator and activist, Aiesha Turman
- Actor and former athlete, Otis Winston
Students gleaned tips on how to break into their favorite industries as well as what it takes to be successful.