WHAT CAN THE QUINTESSENTIAL MEDIA DO FOR YOU?
Tamara Walker has created tailored PR programs for a variety of clients ranging from the startup to the more established.
Ms. Walker sits down with each client to create the perfect PR approach for their company and its specific needs to maximize the client’s visibility and buzz within the industry.
Here are two case studies showcasing the PR approaches QUINTESSENTIAL MEDIA created specifically for each client to raise awareness, enhance visibility and generate buzz within the industry.
CASE STUDY: GENERATING BUZZ
Using PR to Generation Buzz
An established Midwestern fashion designer has a career that has spanned nearly thirty (30) years that catered to a very specific niche within the fashion world. She never utilized public relations or marketing and subsequently was only mentioned by the press four times over three decades. The designer has a talent that was virtually unrecognized by the industry.
Working alongside the designer and her team, Quintessential Media created a detailed public relations plan and strategy that resulted in a launch campaign that introduced the designer and her line (focused on providing all the apparel needs for a plus size bride on her important day) to the fashion community with a high profile, yet intimate fashion presentation during Bridal Fashion Week in New York. To continue the momentum, following the fashion show, Q Media combined aggressive media relations and carefully orchestrated meetings with editors, stylists and bloggers to encourage press.
In summary, over a 3-month period the PR strategy:
- Created awareness of the designer and her new line as ones to watch in the fashion industry
- Generated buzz around the line’s launch
- Build interest in the designer
- A fashion show for carefully selected press, buyers and other fashion industry players introducing the designer, her vision, and her line.
- Exclusive interviews with press eager to scoop their competition and tell the designer’s story to their readers
- Continued pitching to press for inclusion in upcoming bridal fashion features and trend reports
The strong public relations program heralded the designer and her collection’s presence to an often under-served market. Today the designer and her line are being recognized by general plus community as well as fashion industry players, press and retail businesses as ones to watch.
PR results included:
- An ongoing series of articles spotlighting the designer’s collection and vision
- Recognition by the designer’s home city and an invitation to showcase her line in an exclusive event attended by the who’s who of the city and surrounding areas including socialites, celebrities, athletes and other influencers of the city.
- Invitations by a US Government department to showcase the collections overseas as part of an international business development initiative (the designer is currently in the works of planning a fashion “tour” to Norway, Dubai and Japan).
CASE STUDY: BRAND EXPANSION
INTRODUCING A NEW MEDIUM FOR AN ESTABLISHED BRAND
Though still a relatively young New York based line, the brand was establishing itself as one focused on creating contemporary womenswear for a specific niche. However, in the Fall of 2015, the designer decided to put apparel design on hiatus and focus on another passion….jewelry. The designer now was faced with the problem of being an unknown in the jewelry and accessories world.
With insights on creating brands and establishing one’s presence in market, QMedia created a strategy that positioned the designer as multifaceted creative expanding her talents to include jewelry and accessories design. QMedia teamed with the designer to produce a plan the focused on getting her jewelry in the hands of the press and stylists.
Quintessential Media drove a inventive media effort to introduce reporters and industry insiders to the designer and her newly launched jewelry collection.
- Curated outreach to media, stylists and fashion insiders through pitches focused on gift guides, trend focus and creating unique style
After only 3 short months Quintessential Media’s efforts resulted in renewed interest in the brand as a whole as well as attracting attention and building awareness with an entire audience of press, bloggers, influencers, stylists and consumers.
PR results included:
- Inclusion in a cover shot and 5 page spread with high profile brands in a prominent fashion publication
- Invitation become a part of a curated group of designers in a designer “incubator”created by a well known national retailer.
- Invitations from boutiques and pop up shop brands for retail opportunities.