WHAT CAN THE QUINTESSENTIAL MEDIA DO FOR YOU?
Tamara Walker has created tailored PR programs for a variety of clients ranging from the startup to the more established.
Ms. Walker sits down with each client to create the perfect PR approach for their company and its specific needs to maximize the client’s visibility and buzz within the industry.
Here are two case studies showcasing the PR approaches the Q MEDIA created specifically for each client to raise awareness, enhance visibility and generate buzz within the industry.
CASE STUDY: GENERATING BUZZ
PR Generates Buzz For Newly Launched Women’s Wear Line
When a Brooklyn-based design maven decided to launch her own women’s wear line in December of 2008, she was an unknown. When the designer reached out to the SMG to plan and execute a high profile launch and subsequent ongoing public relations program, the task was to educate the press about the designer and her line with the goal of generating buzz for the ‘new girl on the [fashion] block’ and building intrigue and curiosity among the competition, fashionistas, customers, investors and potential business partnerships.
Detailed planning between the designer and the resulted in a launch campaign that introduced the designer and her line to the fashion community with a high profile, yet intimate fashion presentation during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week at the famed Bryant Park Hotel—just steps away from the Tents. To continue the momentum form the launch, the SMG combined aggressive media relations and carefully orchestrated meetings with editors and buyers.
In summary, over a 3 month period the PR strategy:
- Created awareness of the designer and her new line as ones to watch in the fashion industry
- Generated buzz around the line’s launch
- Build interest in the designer
- A two-day fashion presentation for carefully selected press, buyers and other fashion industry players introducing the designer, her vision, and her line.
- Parlayed exclusive interviews with press eager to scoop their competition and tell the designer’s story to their readers
- Continued pitching to press for inclusion in upcoming Spring Fashion Week features and trend reports
Results – All Eyes On You
The strong public relations program heralded the designer and her collection’s presence in a crowded market. Today the designer and her line are being recognized by top industry players, press and retail businesses as ones to watch.
PR results included:
- An ongoing series of articles spotlighting the designer’s collection and vision
- Consideration for an Award recognition for the designer and her newly launched line
CASE STUDY: BECOMING A MEDIA SOURCE
New-to-PR Fashion Stylist Utilizes PR to Become a Valued Media Source
This established fashion stylist has a career that has spanned nearly a decade. She never utilized public relations and thus was rarely mentioned by the press or asked to speak to her expertise on predicting trends and her opinions of the state of the industry. The stylist has a talent that was virtually unrecognized by the fashion industry.
With her insights on creating brands and establishing industry expertise, the SMG created a strategy that positioned the fashion stylist as an expert in creating and predicting style. She produced a series of trend pitch letters, press releases and “trend-predicting” papers that exemplified the stylist’s forward thinking prowess on a number of intriguing industry topics.
With these materials in hand, SMG drove a creative media effort to introduce reporters and industry insiders to the stylist as a fashion expert.
- Establishing the stylist as a fashion expert: a strategic and direct approach where aggressive media outreach (via a bevy of phone calls and emails) with tailored pitches timed to be relevant to the each reporter’s area of coverage
- Trend report abstract development coupled with phone pitching to industry insiders
After nearly 10 years of virtually no press or visibility, the 10-month expertise development effort catapulted the stylist’s presence within the industry.
PR results included:
- Profile articles highlighting the stylist’s work
- “Personality profile” articles
- A series of high profile quotes and interviews regarding current and forthcoming trends in key local, regional and national publications
- Stylist getting signed to a top-notch artist management firm