Full Figured Fashion Week to Pay Tribute to Plus Runway Icons With Legends Showcase
NEW YORK, NY–Gwen DeVoe, Creator and Executive Producer of Full Figured Fashion Week (FFFWeek®), announced today that the annual week-long curve centric fashion and lifestyle event will be hosting a special showcase that pays homage to the plus icons that blazed trails on the catwalk. The runway show, entitled the Legends Showcase, will take place on June 16th at 404 NYC in Manhattan.
“It’s important that we honor and showcase the women who were the trailblazers for the curvy faces that have become household names today,” says DeVoe, who herself was a former plus model. “It is important to the history of the industry to know the names and faces of the icons who took the first steps down the catwalk and broadened the definition of beauty in fashion all those years ago.”
The “Legends” runway show will feature some of the women who paved the way for the equal modeling opportunity for the plus models of today including:
- Emme, the first plus size supermodel
- Sharon Quinn, former Wilhelmina model, contestant on Mo’nique’s FAT Chance
- Lisa Scott, former IPM model
- Alexandra Boos, former plus model turned writer and actress
- Chyna McGarity, former MSA model
- Kim Baker, former Wilhelmina model now celebrity makeup artist
- Terri Murray, plus size intimates fit model signed with Ford
- Wyinnetka Aaron, Dorothy Coombs model
The Legends Showcase also marks the return of Lane Bryant to Full Figured Fashion Week as a sponsor after a brief hiatus.
For more information about the Legends Showcase or to purchase tickets, visit Eventbrite here.